Five Reasons To Buy A House In Atlanta Now
Are you considering buying a house in Atlanta? Read on to find out why we think you should buy now!
1) House values are up by about 10% since last year
This number is based on the data reported by Zillow. Home prices will be higher than they were over the past year or two. Therefore, it is crucial to know exactly how much house you can afford. We can help with that! Once you are certain about your price point, it is important to buy your dream house while you can still afford it.
2) House prices are expected to keep rising
Adding on to the previous fact, house prices are only going to continue rising. Therefore, again, it is important to buy the house that you are interested in as soon as possible. You may not be able to afford it a few months down the road.
3) Atlanta home prices are expected to rise faster than other areas
Earlier this year, a panel of over 100 economists predicted that home prices would rise by 3.65% in 2018. This number puts Atlanta above the national average. Keep in mind that these are all just predictions, however, it is wise to consider them.
4) It’s a seller’s market
As we stated in a previous blog, housing inventory is currently limited. What does this mean for you? It means that you should buy now instead of risk losing your house to another buyer.
5) Mortgage rates are expected to rise
Along with rising values and prices, mortgage rates are also expected to rise. Give us a call today to find out what rate you can be approved for!
How To Get Your Home Search Off To The Right Start
Today, I want to share some tips on how to begin the home buying process. It can be confusing, so starting off on the right foot is crucial!
One of the first things you want to do is talk with a lender. Too often, when people want to buy, they are in a big hurry to go out and look at homes; it’s an exciting time and they want to jump right in. However, it’s key to take a look at financing before you start getting excited about homes. There’s nothing worse than falling in love with a home only to find out you can’t afford it.
So, before you get out there and look at homes, don’t forget to figure out what your monthly payments are going to look like! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We would love to help you!
What Should You Avoid When Purchasing A New Construction Home?
Are you thinking about building a new home from scratch? If so, take note of these three things you need to avoid! We have a lot of experience in new construction properties and would love to make the process as smooth as possible for you.
1. Hire a Realtor. An experienced Realtor knows what to look for when buying any type of property. Sure, the new construction builder has a Realtor on site, but that agent is only there to advocate for the seller. For guidance and representation, you need to hire a Realtor who will advocate for you! If any issues arise, you'll have someone there to help you understand what your options are.
2. Do your research. This comes back to hiring a real estate professional, as they will know exactly what to look for. For example, an agent will look at property taxes for you, one of the most important things to keep in mind while building a new home. You need to know exactly how much you are going to be paying in property taxes in order to avoid overextending yourself financially.
3. Find a trustworthy lender. We will make sure you know exactly what rates and fees you'll be dealing with ahead of time so that you can select the program that will best fit your financial needs.
If you decide to hire a Realtor, make sure you are comfortable with them. You should be able to call, text, or email them at any time in order to stay on the same page and ensure you're both working toward the same goal. If you have any questions about finding the right agent or avoiding common new construction mistakes, we would love to hear from you!